The Arab/Israeli Conflict
The root causes of the Israel-Arab conflict are a U.N. resolution, Jew hatred
and that Arab leaders created, but refused to absorb Palestinian refugees.
The U.N. Resolution
- The historical fact is that, wrongly or rightly, the U.N. created the
Jewish state in November 1947.
- Most Arab and Muslim nations, as well as non-government groups, have
officially refused to recognize, and continue to deny, Israel’s right to
exist. Some have even declared their intention to destroy Israel.
- Egyptian President Mubarak said on June 14, 2009, "Netanyahu’s
demand that Palestinians recognize Israel as the Jewish state is ruining the
chance for peace … Not Egypt nor any other Arab country would support
- Would a sane person hope for peace with someone threatening to kill them
and their children?
The Creation of Unassimilated Arab Refugees:
- Wrongly or rightly, Arab leaders refused to accept the U.N. resolution,
threatened (and carried out) war and demanded that Arabs leave Palestine.
- Wrongly or rightly, in the meantime, Jewish leaders urged Arabs to remain
in Palestine. Nevertheless, hundreds of thousands of Arabs voluntarily left
to become refugees in Arab-controlled areas.
- Unlike many other nations that humanitarianly assimilate refugee families
and children into their citizenry, economy and culture, encouraging them to
thrive and prosper, the surrounding Arab nations instead forced their
brother Arabs into internment camps and fed them on "Jew" hatred.
What Might Have Been
Had the Arab states instead assimilated the Palestinian refugees, today’s
turmoil would not exist. Better yet, had the Arabs accepted the 1947 U.N.
resolution, there would have been no Palestinian Arab refugees and an
independent Arab state would now exist alongside Israel.
What Might Still Happen
America accepts refugees of all races and religions and doesn’t express plans
to annihilate our enemies. Do you think that if the Arabs recanted their wish to
destroy Israel, the climate of the peace discussions would improve?